Moved on

I'm not blogging here anymore, I suggest you use My DIGIVU Blog (www.digivu.co.za) for all my SAFPP, agribusiness, related and misc blogs. There you will find the type of information I was posting here.

Finding Specific Items in my Blog

  • Select appropriate TAGS from the list in the left hand column
  • Browse the archive in the left hand column

Friday, March 23, 2007

Changing Place Names - A Solution?

A few weeks ago I wrote about the changing of street names in Machadodorp, quite liking the idea but seeing some of the interesting issues around the process.

I didn't, however, address the one that effects me to some extent - how to remember the new names and match them to whats still in my map. What about this from www.iol.co.za ?

I first put this up with my tongue in my cheek, thinking it was rather weird. But maybe while the old sign is still usable, its not a bad idea, especially for all those tourists we want to attract.

A final thought - what a difference between all that Durban's Point Road represented and what the Great Mahatma Gandhi represents.

No comments: