Moved on

I'm not blogging here anymore, I suggest you use My DIGIVU Blog (www.digivu.co.za) for all my SAFPP, agribusiness, related and misc blogs. There you will find the type of information I was posting here.

Finding Specific Items in my Blog

  • Select appropriate TAGS from the list in the left hand column
  • Browse the archive in the left hand column

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Machadodorp Musings II - Street Names

The street name change was facinating and a bit comical and full of symbolism. The old black and white sign showing its age and not really standing straight.


A block down the road two young guys in some sort of official bakkie putting up the new coloured sign (Batina Jele) onto the old pole. The assistant to the "sign attacher" said Jele was a local comrade in the struggle but that he wasn't sure exactly what he did because "I am still too young"

The questions is raises is why has it taken so long for the majority of the population of the area to get the street renamed and why didn't we use entrepreneurs to do the job?

No comments: