Moved on

I'm not blogging here anymore, I suggest you use My DIGIVU Blog (www.digivu.co.za) for all my SAFPP, agribusiness, related and misc blogs. There you will find the type of information I was posting here.

Finding Specific Items in my Blog

  • Select appropriate TAGS from the list in the left hand column
  • Browse the archive in the left hand column

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

A Quick View of News

The 06:00 news on SABC 2 today had 6 stories
  • one on civil unrest
  • five on crime
Is this an overzealous crime reporter or does it reflect the state of crime is South Africa - SABC is after all close to the Government, who feel its a waste for people to talk about the problem.

Just to build on my previous comment on the state of English in the civil service. The mayor of a considerable town said

"... we have rebuilded houses ... we have managed to provide our people stormwater...given them services as far as sewer is concerned ....."

In another part of the story a shack dweller complained that his home was always flooded - thanks Mr Mayor. Sarcastic I know and maybe not critical here but the man runs a town, which gives rise to possible errors!

No comments: