Moved on

I'm not blogging here anymore, I suggest you use My DIGIVU Blog (www.digivu.co.za) for all my SAFPP, agribusiness, related and misc blogs. There you will find the type of information I was posting here.

Finding Specific Items in my Blog

  • Select appropriate TAGS from the list in the left hand column
  • Browse the archive in the left hand column

Friday, February 2, 2007

Identifying Africa's Constraints Now?

The following is an extract from NEPAD's newsletter which I receive by email. It is not archived on their site - that stopped in February 2006.

Is this not our problem in Africa - after 5 years of NEPAD and 7 of the African Union, do we really still have to create "a common understanding of capacity gaps and constraints" and outline a "process" "towards developing a strategy".


Another high level group is going to meet for 3 days, probably from the Addis Sheraton, to continue identifying, analysing, formulating and conceptualising; not even reaching concretising and planning let alone the implementation stage.

I believe we have the international Development and NGO community to thank for this they have overdeveloped the planning skills and underdeveloped the doing skills through their systems.

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

I'd never heard of the African Union until the Sudan crisis hit ... I bet you could post some things about that?? If it has ANYTHING in common with the EU. The EU is a wonderful idea but TOTALLY & UTTERLY UNDEMOCRATIC at heart ... which, considering it was only developed, at face value, to sell coal and stuff, is quite excusable ... (or inexcusable??) ... anyhow I just hopped into your blog nextnext from mine ... I'm at gledwood2.blogspot.com. You're welcome to drop by. Mine is very different though!!

Take it easy now.

All the Best from

Gledwood